1. The Montour Falls Memorial Library strives to provide a safe, welcoming, and friendly environment for all patrons, personnel, and volunteers.
2. The Library fosters an atmosphere of mutual respect for both people and property.
3. Due to the historic nature of the building, please refrain from eating inside the library.
4. This is a smoke-free, drug-free, and alcohol-free institution.
5. Service animals are permitted. Ask library personnel if you are unsure or require additional accommodation.
6. Appropriate use of cell phones, pagers, and similar electronic devices should be governed by personal judgment and courtesy to others using the facilities.
7. Be respectful of personal space and privacy.
8. The use of skates, roller blades, and skateboards is not allowed in the building or on the outside steps.
9. All children under the age of seven (7) must be accompanied by an adult.
10. Children between the ages of seven (7) and ten (10) may be left unattended with the permission of a parent or legal guardian and are expected to adhere to the Rules of Respect. Library personnel and volunteers are not responsible for unattended children. If an unattended child is in repeated violation of the rules, a parent or guardian may be notified, if contact information is available.
11. If an unattended child has no means of communication with a parent or guardian, local law enforcement may be called to ensure the parent or guardian is found.
12. Behavior deemed threatening or harmful, display of weapons, or blatant interference with another individual’s use of the library will not be tolerated and may result in immediate removal.
13. In the event that a person is in violation of the Rules of Respect, they will receive warning. If misconduct continues, the person may be asked to remove themselves from library property.