The Montour Falls Library offers volunteer positions to both students and adults. Any persons interested in becoming a volunteer should complete a volunteer application. You can find the application below, or ask a staff member next time you visit! Once an application is submitted, potential volunteers will be interviewed by a member of the staff to evaluate skill-sets and interests.
Volunteer Requirements & Objectives
- Volunteers should be able to work a minimum of thirty (30) minutes and a maximum of five (5) hours per shift. Please speak to a supervisor if you’re interested in volunteering for a longer period of time.
- Must be able to follow directives with minimal supervision
- Must show a willingness to learn and an interest in what the library does.
- Library staff enjoy developing special projects for volunteers based on their personal interests. If there is something you would like to learn, don’t hesitate to ask!
- We won’t always have something specific for our volunteers to do. It’s important you understand basic library operations such as light cleaning, shelving, alphabetizing, and delivering great customer service to patrons.
Student Volunteer Program
Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parental approval and cannot work more than four (4) hours per day. As a general rule, the Montour Falls Library does not accept volunteers under the age of eight (8) years old. Student volunteers may not work without direct supervision by a staff member or a designated adult volunteer.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library directly at (607) 535-7489 with additional questions.