The Montour Falls Library is hiring one part-time Circulation Assistant (Library Clerk) that operates under the supervision of the Library Director. The Circulation Assistant works directly with patrons and visitors and is responsible for routine circulation, shelf maintenance, and clerical duties. The Circulation Assistant may be asked to complete additional administrative or program-related tasks, when needed, by his or her supervisors. This position may require lifting of up to 25lbs.
Clerical Duties including but not limited to:
– Delivering excellent customer service to all patrons.
– Answering the telephone; providing information or refering calls to the appropriate staff member.
– Shelving, organizing, and call number maintenance.
– Processing the outdoor book-drop, locating on-shelf holds, discharging and checking out materials, and creating new library cards.
– Receiving incoming transit and processing holds.
Technology Support including but not limited to:
– Computer and printing maintenance as needed.
– Troubleshoots technological issues for patrons and staff.
– Assist patrons with Mobile Hotspot issues.
– Assist patrons with the use of STARCat, OverDrive, and Libby.
Visitor Services & Tourism including but not limited to:
– Will assist in the maintenance and of the ‘Visitor Center’ of the library.
Hours & Availability:
This position is approximately 12-15 hours per week. Current hours will be Wednesday-Friday 1pm-5pm, but will move to 2pm-6pm in September. This position will also work Saturday mornings beginning in September from 9am-`1pm.
This is an hourly position. It starts at minimum wage but could increase depending on experience.
– High School Diploma
– Weekday afternoon and Saturday availability
– Must be skilled using computers, printers, and learning new software
– Must be able to alphabetize well
– The Library requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to Apply:
Visit us on Indeed or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call the library directly. We will contact you if we would like to set up an interview.
Thank you for applying! This job was posted July 26, 2021.