Welcome to our Mobile Hotspot Lending Program! Thanks to grant funding from the Southern Tier Library’s Coordinated Outreach Services Advisory Council (COSAC) the library now has 4 mobile hotspots available for checkout to Schuyler County residents. Scroll down for the guidelines to borrowing and let us know if you have any questions. Priority is given to OMCS families and students.
Guidelines for Borrowing
- Borrowers must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid library card in the Southern Tier Library System (STLS) that is older than 30 days. View a full list of Member Libraries here.
- Accounts must have a valid address and phone number on file.
- Accounts must be in good standing with no outstanding fines or bills over $10.00.
- Borrowers should present a form of photo identification at checkout.
- Borrowers must read, understand, and sign the Hotspot Lending Agreement each time a device is checked out.
- Hotspots are available for checkout for a 10-day period.
- Hotspots are not eligible for renewal. They must be available to other patrons for at least 48 hours before the same household can check one out again.
- Borrowers and the present staff member will verify that all accessories are present at the time of both checkout and check-in. This may include a case, power adapter, SIM card, and instructions.
- Please do not return the device to the outside drop box. All devices must be returned directly to a staff member. If the library is operating in a curbside-only capacity, please contact the library to set up a time for drop off.