Thank you for participating in the Montour Falls Library’s 3rd annual Summer Learning Program! This is a six-week educational program designed to keep students motivated to read and learn over summer break. Our 2021 program is a hybrid of both in-person and grab-and-go activities. In-person activities will take place on Fridays, unless otherwise noted.
Here’s How it Works
- Students are not required to attend in-person programs or participate in the grab-and-go activities. The only requirement is that students track how many hours and total books they read between July 5 and August 13.
- What counts? Books, audiobooks, and graphic novels all count towards your goal! For every 5 hours of reading (or listening), students win a prize.
- Grab-and-Go Activities will be available through the duration of the week Monday-Saturday until gone. You can pick these up during open hours.
- Registration is required 3 days in advance to attend in-person programming to ensure we have enough materials for each student. Snacks will be provided at most in-person events.
- Every time a book is finished, students will add a circle to our growing caterpillar at the Summer Learning Station.
- Extra reading logs will be kept at the Summer Learning Station, as well as optional weekly activities students can participate in to win prizes.
- Prizes are awarded by Levels (see next page). The colored stickers indicate what level the reader must get to in order to choose that prize.
- The last day to turn in logs is Friday, August 13. Our top readers will be notified the following Monday and will win one of three grand prizes. Students do not have to be present to win and can schedule a pick-up at their convenience.
- All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Printable Reading Logs
Below are two logs provided by the library that you may use to track the total amount of books read and the number of hours spent reading. Copies will be available for pick up at the library or feel free to print at home.Summer-Learning-Log-by-Book