The Montour Falls Library is gearing up for our 3rd annual Summer Learning Program! This year’s theme is Tails & Tales so get ready for amazing books to reads, crafts to do, experiments to enjoy, and prizes to win. This year’s program will be a hybrid of virtual, curbside, and in-person programming (if possible). Participants can use ReadSquared to track their progress digitally, or use the reading logs provided by the library.
Materials will be made available at the beginning of each week for six weeks. Please stay tuned for specific dates and times for in-person opportunities.
Here’s How it Works
- Each child should set a personal goal for the total amount of books and/or hours they aim to read in the 6 week period from July 5th – August 13th.
- What counts? Books, audiobooks, and graphic novels all count towards your goal!
- Log titles and minutes read using READsquared website/app or the printable reading logs below.
- Schedule weekly curbside pick-ups for fun, hands-on activities and lessons. Materials and instruction for these activities are provided.
- Prizes will be available for participants under the age of 18 years old.
- Prizes will be awarded for meeting certain goals. Prizes will be chosen through a numbers system and randomized. The opportunity to offer prizes in this way promotes public health and safety by eliminating physical contact between the items and anyone other than library staff.
Printable Reading Logs
Below are two logs provided by the library that you may use to track the total amount of books read and the number of hours spent reading. Copies will be available for pick up at the library or feel free to print at home.Summer-Learning-Log-by-Book-2020