The Montour Falls Library will be hosting its second annual 6-week Summer Learning Program in July and August of 2020. This year’s theme is “Imagine Your Story” and focuses on fantasy, folklore, and mythology.
Each week the students can visit the library for a different theme-related activity and a chance to win prizes. This educational program is designed to keep students motivated to read and learn over summer break. Stay tuned for dates and program titles.
- Students are not required to attend Friday programs. The only requirement is that students track how many hours and total books they read over the course of the six-week program.
- What counts? Books, audiobooks, and graphic novels all count towards your goal! For every 5 hours of reading (or listening), students win a prize.
- If a student is not attending a Friday program, please stop in during the week to update staff on reading progress.
- If a student will be attending a Friday program, let staff know 4 days in advance to ensure we have the proper amount of food and program materials.
- Every time a book is finished, students will add a circle to our growing bookworm at the Summer Learning Station.
- Extra reading logs will be kept at the Summer Learning Station, as well as optional weekly activities students can participate in to win prizes.
- Prizes are awarded by Levels. The colored stickers indicate what level the reader must get to in order to choose that prize.
- Our top readers will be announced at the Summer Learning Celebration and will win one of three grand prizes. Students do not have to be present to win but won’t want to miss out on the party!
- All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
- If you have any questions or would like to volunteer at any of these events, please call the library at (607) 535-7489 or contact Kelly Povero via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.