The Montour Falls Library will be hosting its second annual 6-week Summer Learning Program from July 20th through August 28th. This year’s theme is “Imagine Your Story” and focuses on fantasy, folklore, and mythology. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the library will not be hosting in-person summer programs at this time. Our Summer Learning Program will be virtual. Participants can track book titles and minutes of reading using the READsquared website + mobile app, or by filling out the print logs below.
Register online at http://montourfallslibraryny14.readsquared.com/ or by calling at (607) 535-7489. Adults are welcome to participate but are not eligible for prizes. There are options to register as an individual adult or child, individual adult with children, or as a group.
For easy logging download the READsquared mobile app on any Apple, Android, or tablet device.
Here’s How it Works
- Each child should set a personal goal for the total amount of books and/or hours they aim to read in the 6 week period from July 20th – August 28th.
- What counts? Books, audiobooks, and graphic novels all count towards your goal!
- Log titles and minutes read using READsquared website/app or the printable reading logs below.
- Schedule weekly curbside pick-ups for fun, hands-on activities and lessons. Materials and instruction for these activities are provided.
- Prizes will be available for participants under the age of 18 years old.
- Prizes will be awarded for meeting certain goals. Prizes will be chosen through a numbers system and randomized. The opportunity to offer prizes in this way promotes public health and safety by eliminating physical contact between the items and anyone other than library staff.
Printable Reading Logs
Below are two logs provided by the library that you may use to track the total amount of books read and the number of hours spent reading. Copies will be available for pick up at the library or feel free to print at home.Summer-Learning-Log-by-Book-2020